Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 40: Back to the doctor

Today had its ups and downs. On the plus side, I had my 6-week check-up, even though I'm not quite 6 weeks. And I hate to brag but my results were pretty awesome. I'm now 23 inches long, which is apparently in the 95th percentile for length - or height, as you strangely upright people like to say. I've also put on a little weight and when I see this photo I think it's starting to show in my thighs. I might have to start wearing pants in public. I weigh 11 pounds, 10 ounces, and that's in the 75th percentile. Personally, 75% doesn't sound that great. It's like a C in school, but I guess when it comes to a tiny human's weight it's a good thing. On the minus side, this lady came in being all nice and friendly and telling me how cute I was and just when I wasn't expecting it she jabbed me with some sharp thing and, well, I'm just gonna say it: it sucked. I hated it. If that's going to happen every time I visit this "doctor" I'm not falling for the cute wallpaper and friendly staff. It's not even worth it for the purple Sesame Street Band-Aid.

You might notice I'm holding on to some sort of plush creature up there. He looks frightened but I promise I wasn't hurting him. He was lying in my bed and I accidentally picked him up when my arms were flailing around. Then I couldn't figure out how to put him down so I just sort of held him there against his will, both of us looking a little confused and uncomfortable. Eventually, my arms un-tensed and he was freed. I'm sorry, blue monster. I'm not in control of these arms just yet.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment