Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 36: End of the road

This is my first real vacation and sadly it's the last day. I tried to hide out in this blanket so that maybe the big people would leave me behind in the log house but they found me and decided that I look a little like the Baby Jesus, whoever that is. Sounds like he's some old time-y character who was wrapped up in a blanket and I guess this is a pretty accurate Baby Jesus costume except for the plastic binky. They didn't have plastic back then; I think they used binkys made out of donkey manure baked hard in a clay oven. The other thing I get when I'm hiding in this blanket is that I look like E.T. I saw a picture and that's kind of insulting but I understand what people mean. It's not that I have a big head shaped like a sideways sweet potato; it's the whole hiding in white blanket thing.

Anyway, it's back home tomorrow where I'll have better access to the internets, sidewalks that smell like my plastic shorts, and yellow cabs, but worse access to hot tubs, fields of wild flowers and people with pick-ups. Life is all about trade-offs, I guess.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment