Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 86: Just another day at the beach

One of the things you don't hear much about this place "New York City" -- or as I call it, the Entire World As I Know It -- is that there's a beach! You take a few rights and some lefts, past a few meat pie shops and some places where the houses look like they're falling over and then there's the ocean. If you don't mind planes flying over and ruining your tanning rays every once in awhile, it's almost like being at the actual beach, like in New Jersey. Unfortunately because I'm only 3 months and have such sensitive skin, I have to spend the whole time in the shade under the umbrella, and even then it seems bright so I have to wear these shades and a shirt. Also a hat, though it's hard to keep that one when you're lying down. I still haven't been in the water. I'm kind of afraid of that because I hear it's cold and also a crab bit my dad on the foot.

P.s. - I'd like to register a complaint with the beach umbrella manufacturers association. I spent my whole afternoon under your umbrella, in the shade, and still I got some red cheeks. I think all of us Americans would like to believe that a beach umbrella purchased from a guy on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn should be of the utmost quality but I'm sorry to say this is not the case. Shame on you, umbrella makers, and salesman of Flatbush Avenue.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment