Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Days 487-493: Alaska!



Hey peoples! Sorry to go silent for so long but I am in Alaska. It's hard to get on the Internet, or find Nick Jr., or get to the playground up here. And when there is Internet, it is slow. I guess this is what it was like in the olden days. Glad I missed those! Here's a quick recap: We were at this lodge out in the middle of nowhere, and now we're on a boat in the middle of nowhere. The boat is big -- but after a few days it seems less big. I think by the end of the week it will feel very small. Today we finally got to go on land and it feels good to not be wobbly. All in all things are pretty good. I have my own room, which is nice. And yesterday we saw this giant glacier thing -- it was blue! This morning we saw an eagle and an owl and Dad says today we might go see some bears. I hope so! Oh, and otters! We saw otters. And a whale very far in the distance. It likes to spit water, just like me.

Here are some more pictures to tide you over until I can get a decent Internet connection again.

Oh, and I'd like to note the passing of a friend. Lamby left us at Newark Airport last Thursday. I hope whoever found him is taking good care of him and that he isn't lonely or scared. I miss him. Luckily, I had Bunny as a back-up, and miraculously a new Lamby appeared later that day. It's not exactly the same thing, but he's growing on me.

Ok, time for lunch. Do they have bananas in Alaska?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment